b. 1911 in Bratyshiv, Ukraine
d. 1988 in Munich, Germany
Gregor Kruk is a sculptor widely recognized throughout the European art world. He attended the Lviv School of Decorative Arts, the Krakow Academy of Arts and the Berlin Academy of Arts, completing his studies in 1940.
After WWII, Kruk settled in Munich, Germany, where he created many sculptures in bronze, clay and stone. His subjects typically included working women and dancers. In Munich, he taught at the University of UNRRA.
Kruk exhibited extensively; throughout his long-standing career, he exhibited globally in solo shows in cities such as Rome, Geneva, Vienna, Munich, Paris, London, New York and Toronto. His work is found in the collections of institutions such as the National Museum of Modern Art in Paris, the British Museum in London, the Museum of Dubrovnik in Croatia, as well as in collections such as the private collection of Willy Brandt.
Woman Seated, 1967
12 “ x 9” x 12”
Gift of Mr. Bohdan Kowalsky