b. 1905 in Hostynne, Ukraine
d. 1954 St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
Antin Pavlos is a 1935 graduate of the Applied Arts School, Lviv, Ukraine. In 1933, he began exhibiting in shows organized by the Ukrainian Society of Friends of Art.
He is most well known for his small terra-cotta sculptures of busts, nudes, and animal figures. Pavlos also created several public monuments during his career. Though lesser known for his two-dimensional work, he painted a number of impressionistic landscapes.
After WWII, he became a refugee in Germany. In 1949, Pavlos immigrated to the United States and settled in Minneapolis. There, he continued to create sculptures, many of which are today located in churches across the United States.
11” x 15” x 7”
Gift of Mrs. Stefania Pavlos