b. 1926 in Kremenchuk, Ukraine
d. 2012 in Niles, Michigan
Milonadis undertook courses at the Art Institute of Chicago (1953-1957) where he received his B.A.E. He later enrolled at Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana (1957-1959) where he earned his M.F.A., studying under his sculpture professor, George Rickey.
His works have been represented in group exhibitions at various institutions including: Art Institute of Chicago; Isaac Delgado Museum of Art, New Orleans; Fort Wayne Art Museum; the Indianapolis Center for Contemporary Art; Herron Gallery; Krannert Art Museum, University of Illinois; Gibbs Art Gallery, South Carolina; Columbia Museum of Art and Sciences, South Carolina; Chicago Cultural Center; and Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago. His solo exhibitions include: Lexington Gallery, University of Chicago; Snite Gallery of Art, University of Notre Dame, Indiana; Gallery Eight, Mundelein College; Sloan Galleries, Valparaiso University; Kretzman Gallery, Concordia Teachers College; Art Gallery Goshen College; and Fort Wayne Art Museum.
Additionally, he taught sculpture at Valparaiso University, Mundelein College, Newcomb College at Tulane University. Milonadis was a distinguished professor and sculptor-in-residence, at Notre Dame University until 1974.
In 1971, Milonadis co-founded the UIMA with artist Mychajlo Urban.
Untitled, not dated
Stainless steel wire
28” x 13 1/2” x 10 1/2”
Gift of Mr. Wasyl Kacurovsky