Call for Film Footage!
LIONS: Film about early days of UIMA
Dear Friends of Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art,
UIMA is in the processes of creating a full length documentary film about founding and early days of the Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art, and we are asking for your help!
We are seeking film footage of:
1. Ukrainian Village in the 50s, 60s and 70s. (shots of the neighborhood, home movies, etc.)
2. Ukrainian art community in Chicago before the founding of UIMA, particularly the related groups “VASAH” and “Monolit,” and others who later become involved in UIMA.
3. Early days of UIMA up to 1980.
– we accept any format (8mm, 16mm, VHS, etc.)
– your footage may be used for the film (with your permission) and you can choose to donate the original material to UIMA’s archive, if you wish.
– if your footage is used for the film, your name will appear in credits
– footage chosen for the film will be digitized and owner will receive a copy
Please contact Stano Grezdo: firstname.lastname@example.org or Robin Dluzen: email@example.com or call 773 227 5522 or bring your materials to UIMA during open hours (Wed – Sun 12-4pm). Don’t forget include your name and contact info. Please note date of the filming (at least year), and what is in your footage (or what you think is in it).
UKRAINIAN INSTITUTE OF MODERN ART | 2320 W Chicago Ave | Chicago, IL 60622
Sponsored by The Terra Foundation for American Art
for Art Design Chicago, Yearlong Initiative in 2018 Exploring the Enduring Impact of Chicago’s Art and Design Legacy